Tech Leader / Technical Project Manager, Automotive
The SmartDeviceLink Consortium Inc. (SDLC) was officially established on January, 2017. The SDLC is an open source community for the advancement of SmartDeviceLink (SDL), a standard set of protocols and messages that connect applications on a smartphone to a vehicle head unit.
Smart Device Link is a project which intends to standardize and wraps the many in-vehicle interfaces which may exist in the automotive context. The end goal is to provide an expandable software framework to both mobile application developers and automotive head unit creators for the creation of brought-in applications that appear integrated onto a head unit.
Detailed information could be found on the Internet:
Detroit Metro based Technical Expert will become a key technical leader and customer-facing person for Luxoft SDL and Research and Development related projects.
Engineering responsibilities of Technical Expert will include, but will not be limited to:
- Requirements analysis
- Software Architecture development and review
- Validate architecture against requirements
- Propose architecture improvements
- Review, analyze and approve proposed changes
- Maintain traceability between requirements and architecture
- Contribute to projects' Lessons Learned and general knowledge base
General Technical Expert responsibilities also include:
- Provide technical support for developers in the projects
- Identify risks and communicate them to project team
- Support Luxoft pre-sales and R&D activities
- Review work products
- Communicate with customer to understand queries related to designs and specifications
- Training / Mentoring / Coaching for spreading technical expertise
- Track and analyze technology trends
Technical Expert will interact with customers at least, but not limited to:
- Consulting about ongoing and upcoming projects,
- Troubleshooting related to work products,
- Pro-active support of customer's during the project acceptance phase, etc.
- Elicit and clarify requirements, dependencies, and limitations
- Refine scope definition
- Identify customer needs, new business areas, and opportunities
- Represent Luxoft on technical meetings
- Represent Luxoft in SDL Consortium
- Support Sales team to approach new customers interested in SDL development/integration in their automotive platforms and products
Commercial experience on Technical Expert or Senior Software Developer position 4+ years
Experience in Automotive or In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems or Wireless Connectivity domains is a plus
Expertise and practical usage design patterns, UML
Strong understanding of SW engineering process
Ability to review engineering work products (system specifications, design, test strategy/plan, code) from technology domain point of view to identify gaps
Expert at identifying critical areas of design/code/test and critically review them for due attention by development team
Ability to do high-level design for a whole sub-system or part of a large/complex sub-system
Ability to analyze/fix difficult SW Design Problems - especially those that concern design/interface issues across multiple modules
Ability to raise requirement level issues during system design and work for their resolution with the requirements team
Identify and analyze technical risks/issues that could hurt delivery and suggest approaches to resolving them
Perfection of estimation techniques
Experience in connectivity, mobile, cross-platform development is a big plus.
Positive, cheerful, enthusiastic personality mixes/communicates well with people - displays initiative people leadership qualities
Manages conflict in getting technical choices made - open to ideas
Ability to raise issues constructively with team and with engineering management
Ability to mix, work well and present to customers effectively handling their doubts and questions
Strong presentation skills
Minimum Education Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Computer science or related field.