Regular/Senior Java Developer
Current opportunity in NY related to Regulatory Reporting domain area in the Bank and to implementation of Mifid2 initiative across the Bank.
Luxoft is already more than 7 years work in Swaps Transactions Reg Reporting and there is an existing team of 130+ people in mostly Ukraine/Russia who are dealing with platform which operates such reporting - Transaction data Warehouse.
New team of 4 going to be extension to existing internal Bank's people assigned to Mifid2 and main task is to facilitate implementation of late-coming requirements, close gaps of current implementation, getting clarity on requirements, test automation. People will be allocated onsite in the customer's office working closely with PMs, BAs and internal dev teams, main SMEs on Luxoft side who are in Kiev will support new team on any area related to Transaction Data Warehouse.
Agreed project duration so far is Sep 17 - Apr 18, however support will be needed till Mifid2 solution will successfully go live and all kind of reporting will be stable in production.
Project technology stack: Java 1.8 (Apache Storm, Spring, Spring Integration, REST), Oracle Exadata, JMS (Solace, dBus), UNIX, XML/JSON/Protobuf/CSV for data transfer. Test automation technologies - Java/Cucumber/SQL/PL-SQL.
Development of the new features, change requests and bug fixes for the existing software
- Ensure good development testing coverage (JUnit, Sonar, integration tests; testing evidences artifacts). Contribute to automation testing coverage using Java frameworks.
- Follow continuous integration standards and use corresponding automation approaches (Maven, TeamCity, GIT, Stash, BitBucket, auto builds etc)
- Participate in code review
- Clearly communicate task estimates, ETAs and work breakdown structure to the management on Luxoft and client side
- Take part in architecture design planning for complex integration platform and its modules; contribute to design ideas; provide design options and their pros and cons; be able to plan development activities based on approved architecture.
- Creation of prototypes to prove design decisions
- for locals to start not later than 1 month time after offer
- for immigrants: be eligible for visa and move onsite not later than within 2 month after offer
MUST HAVE Skills (Knowledge):
- Practical experience in Enterprise-level international projects for 3+ years with English-speaking teams
- Strong Software design patterns/Java Core knowledge;
- Good experience with multithreading and synchronization;
- Good experience with Spring Core/MVC;
- Good experience with JDBC/ORM;
- Good knowledge in JMS;
- Good experience with web services;
- Good experience with CI tools/processes;
- Good experience with Maven/Gradle
- English (written, spoken - upper intermediate);
Knowledge/abilities that would be an advantage:
- Experience with Spring (Integration/Batch/Security is big advantage);
- Experience with Storm, Red Had OpenShift;
- Experience in working with Distributed Cache (Infinispan/Coherence);
- XML/XSLT knowledge;
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix;
- Ability to work with minimum support or independently;
- Ability to cope with tasks with incomplete requirements;