Regular/Senior QA Engineer
Current opportunity in NY related to Regulatory Reporting domain area in the Bank and to implementation of Mifid2 initiative across the Bank.
Luxoft is already more than 7 years work in Swaps Transactions Reg Reporting and there is an existing team of 130+ people in mostly Ukraine/Russia who are dealing with platform which operates such reporting - Transaction data Warehouse.
New team of 4 going to be extension to existing internal Bank's people assigned to Mifid2 and main task is to facilitate implementation of late-coming requirements, close gaps of current implementation, getting clarity on requirements, test automation. People will be allocated onsite in the customer's office working closely with PMs, BAs and internal dev teams, main SMEs on Luxoft side who are in Kiev will support new team on any area related to Transaction Data Warehouse.
Agreed project duration so far is Sep 17 - Apr 18, however support will be needed till Mifid2 solution will successfully go live and all kind of reporting will be stable in production.
Project technology stack: Java 1.8 (Apache Storm, Spring, Spring Integration, REST), Oracle Exadata, JMS (Solace, dBus), UNIX, XML/JSON/Protobuf/CSV for data transfer. Test automation technologies - Java/Cucumber/SQL/PL-SQL.
- Plan and implement the full set of test automation activities: create, maintain and execute automated tests.
- Develop and extend in-house Test Automation tools and test frameworks (backend testing using Java frameworks, mainly Cucumber)
- Providing input to the project plan/release plan, defect/change management processes, systems integration, testing tools and processes;
- Identifying areas of weakness to existing procedures, continually implement new procedures, and assess risk of impact from changes to projects;
- Collaborating and coordinating test activities with test and project managers on client side
- Assisting development team in achieving quality product by identifying defects and deficiencies early and providing feedback for continuously improving the development and testing processes.
- Take initiative and lead to optimize a length of test cycle and therefore time to market for new functionality
- Skills Required:
- 3+ years of professional experience of working in Software Development or Quality Assurance
- 1,5+ years of experience in QA automation with Java
- Excellent skills in Test planning, designing, and test strategy/case/script creation and execution
- Experience with integration & regressions testing
- Knowledge of white/black box level testing, functional and performance testing of applications using industry standard practices and tools
- Experience with defect and change tracking, producing performance metrics and test reports
- Understanding of test data management principles and solutions
- Good programming skills:
- Ability to independently automate testing flow for server-side applications
- Knowledge of SQL and Shell scripting on basic level
- English level: Upper-Intermediate, ideally Advanced
Nice to Have:
- Source code control systems (SVN, GIT) knowledge
- Experience with Unix/Solaris
- Understanding of banking systems and processes is a advantage
- Cucumber automation framework is a big plus
- HP ALM, Jira for bug tracking and test pack management
- ISTQB or similar certificate